Thousands of Angleton Residents and Businesses now able to access High-Speed Internet through Comcast’s Next-gen Network
Comcast donates $10K in local grants and 100 laptops to help close the digital divide
Angleton, TX (September 16, 2022) – More than 7,500 homes and businesses in the City of Angleton now have access to Comcast’s new $8 million fiber-rich network. The next-generation network gives residents access to reliable and fast internet speeds that outperform competitors — up to 1.2 gigabits per second (Gbps) and business owners up to 100 Gbps. Additional efforts are underway to continue expanding Comcast’s network in the surrounding areas.
“Having affordable, high-speed and reliable internet is a must nowadays. For far too long, it’s been out of reach for rural Texas – communities like Angleton,” Mayor Jason Perez said. “We’re grateful Comcast saw an opportunity to invest in our city by expanding their network in Brazoria County – giving internet options to thousands of our fellow Texans and providing the opportunity for our small businesses to grow.”
To build the new network in the City of Angleton, Comcast installed over 100 miles of hybrid-fiber coaxial infrastructure that offer supersonic WiFi speeds faster than 1 Gig. In addition, to ensure everyone who needs access can afford it, Comcast is proud to participate in the federal Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP) – which gives qualifying households up to a $30 monthly credit on internet and mobile service. When qualifying low-income households apply the ACP monthly credit to Comcast’s Internet Essentials program, internet service is free.
“For the last few years, Angleton’s business community has thrived with the help of Comcast Business solutions while residents have been vocal about wanting access to a fast and reliable network in their homes too,” Mitch Danklef, Comcast Senior Director of Business Development, said. “We are proud to be giving this community what they’ve asked for — an unbeatable next-generation network that residents and business owners can access. Our company has deep roots in rural America, and we are working to reach even more rural residents.”
Investing in Community Vitality
To celebrate the new network, Comcast invested in the greater community by donating 100 laptops and $10,000 to the United Way of Brazoria County, which is working to shrink the digital divide in the Angleton area.
“Having an equal opportunity to connect to the power of the internet opens doors for the innovators, entrepreneurs, storytellers and creators within our communities,” Misha McClure, Comcast Director of External Affairs, said. “We are thrilled to make this investment in the City of Angleton and look forward to furthering our footprint into new neighboring areas.”
Comcast Products and Services
Residential customers in Angleton will be able to take advantage of Xfinity’s full suite of internet products, including:
- Supersonic WiFi: With the fastest gig-speed WiFi, and our new WiFi 6E capable router, customers can power a house full of connected devices — all at once.
- Ultimate Security: Help keep loved ones safe and secure online with xFi Advanced Security, included at no extra cost. Advanced Security helps protect customers’ devices from billions of cyberthreats a year, and customers can add xFi Complete to extend that security on the go.
- Powerful Connection: The newest router provides a more reliable connection for all connected devices. And with xFi Complete, get wall-to-wall WiFi coverage throughout the home, with an xFi Pod included if recommended.
- Unprecedented Control: xFi, a digital dashboard provides control over the in-home WiFi network so customers can set screen time rules, seamlessly onboard new devices, and more.
- Xfinity Mobile, built for the way consumers use mobile today, with the Internet at the core of the experience, the top-ranked service in customer satisfaction can save customers up to $400 a year on their mobile bills.
- Flex, a free 4K platform for internet-only customers that seamlessly delivers streaming content.
City of Angleton residents can enroll in Xfinity services by visiting Xfinity.com
For local businesses, Comcast Business offers a suite of connectivity, communications, networking, cybersecurity, wireless, and managed solutions to help organizations of different sizes prepare for what’s next. Powered by the nation’s largest Gig-speed broadband network, and backed by 24/7 customer support, Comcast Business is the nation’s largest cable provider to small and mid-size businesses and one of the leading service providers to the Enterprise market. Comcast Business has been consistently recognized by industry analysts and associations as a leader and innovator, and one of the fastest-growing providers of Ethernet services.